Our Environmental Commitment
Many clients believe that in order to be green it’s going to cost a premium. Since 2005 W O Jones has been continually assessing our impact on the environment. This means that we have been actively working to reduce our emissions and as a result put in place measures that have not only reduced our impact on the environment but have also reduced our overheads.
As an ISO9001 company, our environmental commitment extends to the solutions we deliver. From low power consumption digital printing equipment to vegetable based inks in our printing presses.
W O Jones is an environmentally friendly manufacturer. We actively promote our green credentials through the following policies:
Paper with Environmental Credentials
We actively promote the use of recycled papers. We are committed to forest management practices that both protect biodiversity and ecosystem integrity and result in long-term social and economic benefits to human communities.
All of our Litho presses use vegetable based inks and we are always working to reduce and eliminate the use of chemicals in the production process.
Printing for purpose
Due to the nature of printing, historically it has been the view that printing more is beneficial to reduce the unit cost. However, with the introduction of modern presses and the latest digital equipment we are able to deliver a product that suits your requirements. We can identify cost effective and appropriate printing methods to conserve natural resources and limit waste. All waste paper here at W O Jones is sent away for recycling. All metal and chemicals are also collected and recycled by approved contractors.
Here at W O Jones we take our corporate and social responsibilities seriously. In 2005 we moved to our purpose built factory where we strive to be as carbon neutral as possible to help in the increasing need to reduce our carbon footprint.
The following initiatives are some of the ways we have reduced our emissions:
- Installed power-factoring units to regulate our electricity
- Use vegetable based inks
- Use biodegradable washes
- Use of recycled papers when possible and actively promote them to customers
- We run an alcohol substitute solution on all of our presses
- Recycle all waste papers, plates and chemicals through approved, licensed and regulated companies.
Carbon Reduction Policy
W O Jones is committed to minimising the contribution it makes to climate change.
In particular the company will:
- identify, monitor and manage direct and indirect emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases we produce
- aim to minimise waste produced by our activities and increasing the amount of waste that can be recycled or reused
- work to achieve a reduction in carbon
- work with suppliers to identify and limit emissions attributable to products we use on a regular basis
Managing our carbon emissions is a long-term commitment for W O Jones that will only be realised through a step-by-step approach using the best available techniques, technologies and information at each stage.
W O Jones is committed to the following Corporate Social Responsibility principles:
- We manage our business with pride and integrity.
- We are committed to full legal compliance in all that we do.
- We aim to provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees.
- We actively assess and manage the environmental impacts of all our operations.
- We will further develop our standing as a responsible business in the community.
- We will benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the Marketplace.
- We will continually benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance